Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge

Hi there!
Welcome to another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week we want you to make a vintage or shabby chic project ...with the theme...

LOTS OF LAYERS

Thrilled...because I came across the wonderful Dyan Reaveley (now a senior designer with Ranger) while watching videos from CHA...took my layering to whole different level for me! she is sooooo fast! but her style really appealed to me (especially her "ghosting technique").
Have been wanting to try something new - so jumped right in LOL. My local scrapbooking store had a few of the Dylusion Sprays (and I've ordered more online heeee heee heeee)...so here is my first attempt....


All of the background paper was done with the Dylusions Sprays. Worked with long sheet of white cardstock. After applying my sprays, then on one side stenciled over my dye colored cardstock using the Crafters Workshop stencil and a water mist to get that ghost look. Then on the opposite side of the cardstock, I stenciled using same stencil but with Memento Black ink. On one side of the card stock I then embossed with Paper Studio embossing folder (tossed out wrapper ages ago so don't remember the name of it), layered another round of Dylusions Spray. I then cut my cardstock,one for the background and the other one for the top layer with the sentiment.

Lost track of the layers of ink I did, but the cardstock layers you can see...layered light green onto darker green cardstock, matted the smaller clock onto light green cardstock. Layered sprockets cut using the Spellbinder set under the main image as well as smaller sprockets on top of image....added my buttons and pearls....This was really a LOT of fun! If you have the time, watch one of her videos on You Tube...wish I could create that quickly!!! you can click here to see one of them...enjoy!

I am going to do one of these journals so you will see my pages from time to time as I use mine on my cards....something new for 2013!

hugs and blessings,



supplies used:
Dylusions Ink Spray: Virbrant Turquoise, Crushed Grape, Lemon Zest
Stencil: Crafters Workshop 6 x6 Mini Time Travel
Dry embossing folder from Paper Studio
Cardstock: stash Bold Brights from Stampin Up
Pearls: done with Viva Liquid Pearl Pen - Lilac
Spellbinders:  Sprightly Sprockets
Sentiment: Stampabilities
Stash buttons and twine


12 comments:

Patti P. said...

How fun, love trying a new technique and what a grand job you did with it! These colors are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the new ones you ordered. I love watches and think that I have that same folder. Love the touches of pearls on the gears. I will try and look at one of her videos ( so many fun things out there on the internet) and would love to try those sprays.
Hope you are keeping safe, we had light snow and sleet yesterday but hoping for a quick warm up.
hugs....

Heather said...

I love the colors!! The technique you used looks fabulous...and it sounds so fun!! Love the layers too!1
Hugs
Heather

Penny said...

OMG, you took to this new technique like a duck to water! :^) Love this card, Linda; it is absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a great job with all of your layers, embellies, and colors! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Meggymay said...

Wonderful colours, love the layers you created. Its a fantastic card.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Linda! The layers and colours are beautiful. Thanks for sharing this technique.
Amelia x

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I too am going to give these sprays a go. You have done one wonderful job with this and I love the color combo!!!!
Sandy

Patricia St Martin said...

So much fun.... Thanks for sharing the video really enjoyed watching it. That is such a super technique. Love to see when you do a book with all the different backgrounds. You did a super job with your card love the background and the elements you added to your card.
Hugs

Becky said...

What awesome colors!! Beautiful card.

Jennie said...

Uber cool Linda!!! I LOVE the Dylusions and they have so many great techniques. This is fabulous and get me itching to boot Virginia out of her school room to play... LOL! I won't...but I can't wait to get inky! Betty carries a ton of these and even has classes and considering myself getting a book to play with techniques... Great minds think alike :) HUGS!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Linda!!! I love the background and colors!!! Such a fun technique I need to give it a try.
Hugs

Judy said...

Gosh this is gorgeous...I just love all those rich and vibrant colors.

xo
Judy

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz reply as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks plenty of fish uk
Feel free to surf my web blog - plenty of fish review

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails