Friday, October 16, 2009

Snowmen n Scallops! oh my.....

This week at Creative Clear Stamps, we've been challenged to do a card with scallops! simple n easy!  but wait, one of our DT Members saw "scallops" in a turkey's tail....feathers! ... ok, the challenge bar was raised....how to think "outside the box" and see some scallops! (of course one DT Member has the cutest turkey with a "fro"...but that's another story!!) back to my scallops! looked at my stamp set...(Let It Snow from Creative Clear Stamps).....and looked....and looked...couldn't see a scallop............

so I just decided that everything I did on this card was going to be done with scallops! AND I wanted to share two different applications for snow...did you know that Puffy Paint would do the exact same thing as Liquid Applique...you did!!!!  wellllll, did you know that Liquid Applique would do the exact same thing then as Puffy Paint...hahahahaha  (hey all... it's like midnight here.. and I worked all day..)  SOOOO, if you did already know this...then stop reading and just scroll down to the finished card  LOL

But if you didn't, then maybe you will find this helpful....here goes!

These are the two items, check out the huge difference in size! hmmmmm, wonder which is the better deal??


here is my scallop card, ready to add the snow..glad I have a picture so you can see there really are scallops


adding the Liquid Applique

next step, is to heat set...you will see the snow rise as you apply the heat! don't get too close, will burn your snow....you don't want yellowed snow :)))))


next, applying the Puffy Paint


application is the same, you can see the Puffy paint is whiter! you can obtain the same thickness with the Liquid App by just applying more...you heat set the Puffy also


now, can you really tell a difference!!! mmmm, maybe - the PP is whiter (I think)

now here is my finished card!  I think they're making snow angels...

added some glitter AND stickles ....n

"Let It Snow"

NOW POP ON OVER TO CREATIVE CLEAR STAMPS and ENTER the SCALLOP CHALLENGE! where can YOU see scallops ... that the rest of the world doesn't .......LOL!!!

hope this was helpful to someone!
Have a blessed day,

25 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

I love all your scallops. The snowmen are so cute. I have heard that about puffy paint but haven't ever seen it before, thanks for sharing!

Vicki said...

Wow, Linda, you really took this challenge to heart!! I have never seen so many scallops! But oh how cute they all came together! Looks like so much fun in the "snow"! Awesome job and thanks for the info! Did you know some fabric paints puff up too? No end, huh?!? Get some rest and have a blessed tomorrow!

Kafran said...

tout simplement WOW...quelle belle carte...Bravo

craftieodmae said...

you make it sound so easy.......yours turned out so gorgoeus! I may try, key word being try LOL

Theresa's Studio said...

Linda, hope you got some sleep. Very cute...they do look like they are making snow angels. Fun card!

Jennie said...

This is so cute Linda! You took the scalloped challenge to the TOP!!!!!! Whatcha doin' pickin' on my turkey with the fro???? :o) AND can you explain further the "yellow snow comment"....not sure I understand, LOL! :oP

Mary G. said...

WOW! This is adorable! Absolutely LOVE all the scallops and how you used them! GREAT job!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just the cutest! Glad your snow isn't yellow! LOL! I just got that set and can't wait to ink it up!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Looks like fun! I have never used the puffy stuff before! I also have something for you here.

-Stacie

Michelle Forrest said...

OMGosh Linda this is just too cute and looks like loads of fun to make! Wonderful, wonderful card!

Laura said...

So cute! You INSPIRE me Linda!! Great project as always!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linda,
Top marks for initiative and creativity. What a gorgeous card. I love it. The figures are lovely. It could even double as aheavenly choir.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tutorial and the great idea! Your card is wonderful.

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, this is too cute! And I never thought of using puff paint-what a great idea!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Just amazing!!!! I love what you did here (:

JazzyH said...

I love snowmen.

Unknown said...

Wow. Great card. I love snowmen and glitter.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

THis is fabulous, Linda! Wow!

Jennifer Scull said...

that is one snowly glittery card! so fun! :)

The Wired Angel said...

very creative Linda. Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting. Hugs, Peggy

CraftieConnie said...

Linda, this card is fantabulous! It is amazing what you come up with. Love it and all your work!

Unknown said...

This is too cute! Love the Puffy paint.

Angie Williams said...

This is wonderful and I didn't know about the PP at all! Thanks for the tip.

redwasher1 said...

Linda, this the most beautiful card I have ever seen! I kid you not!!!

Marimer said...

Genial, genial, genial, esta idea de la nieve es preciosa, gracias por el tutorial, me encanta. Bss

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails