Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Combined two fun challenges!

Hi there,
 haven't created for challenges outside of my Design Teams in soooo long....Have fallen in love with the Dylusions Sprays from Ranger. They're water based so finally a spray with no clogging (good-bye to all the others I have that are SO frustrating!) So I immediately went to local scrapbooking store and got the few colors they had (have since ordered more LOL) and am having fun spraying
 and creating background papers...

Joan's Gardens has a challenge this week to use purple, aqua, light green! have your card open from the bottom and be a nature theme....
7 Kids College Fund has a challenge to combine "old with new"...
so these two challenges were perfect for me! those were the colors of the sprays I just purchased (so they're my new) and I used an Inky Antics stamp set called Frog HoneyPOP Set that I purchased last summer (so there's my old)...the frog and mushroom are my "nature"...and card opens from bottom


Supplies used:
Cardstock - stash but pretty sure they are from GKD
Dylusion Sprays: Crushed Grape, Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime
White Gel Pen
Memento black ink, sponged sentiment with Memento Lulu Lavendar and Pear Tart
Copics: G12, 14...BG15 and V17
Ribbon stash
little frog is mounted on a pop dot
SU punch for sentiment

Hope you like, definitely out of my comfort zone! something new to play with...cant wait for the other Dylusion sprays to arrive (-: However, my hands are now multicolored - like an idiot I held down one corner and sprayed....result - purple fingers LOL..ought to be interesting at work tomorrow (-:

hugs and blessings,

12 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just have this funny feeling you had a great time making this! LOL! Those inks blend well when they spray. Adorable!

Judy said...

What a fun looking card...really makes me smile. Super job on the water coloring.

xo
Judy

craftieodmae said...

It's a winner in my book!! Good luck!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wowee - fabulously bright card, love it!! I'm with you on the Dylusions sprays - they're awesome and I always end up with inky fingers :)

Ginny B said...

How cute! Makes me smile. :o)

Becky said...

wow, love the colors of the background..Fabulous card

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Linda! Love how the background turned out! The frog is adorable!

Linda Palmer said...

I love the look of the background on this card so know I have to get some of these sprays and try them. Love your frog, I love Inky Antics. The card is darling.

Vicki Dutcher said...

HA! I did that too the first time I used sprays! -- my fingers were turquoise ;) Love the end result -- so cute~

Patricia St Martin said...

Great background Linda. Your card is so much fun your frog is just to funny.
Hugs, Patricia

Sandy said...

Beautiful colors Linda - wonderful card. When I try to use these sprays I get big spots of paint bloping around.
Sandy

Karen said...

Adorable card! Perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.

Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails