Thursday, April 22, 2010

Super simple an adorable

Hello,
Had fun this evening making something soooooooo simple and yet PERFECT for that little something to stick in a card your sending.....one of those "why didnt I think of that" things...can mail it also since it's sooooo light weight (if you don't add a ton of stuff heheeeehhheee)....what is it?

It's from Karen, hostess for STV's Anything But a Card Challenge , to "Create an acrylic bookmark, then decorate with stamped images".

Got to use some of that acrylic cardstock that has been sitting in my paper drawer for over a year AND some colored images that just havent worked with anything yet....woooo hooooo! and now I have 5 adorable acrylic bookmarks, ready to give to co-workers, friends, family - just because!  This is the one I'm keeping to use in my pocket New Testament that I keep in the car.

like most of us, I have made a ton of bookmarks but I really like using the acrylic!
this is made with GKD's "By Your Side" by Asela...

Karen has some beautiful ones on the the challenge link above - I want to CAS the one she did with the seashells (we can finally purchase that set tonight at 10pm after the release party at STV)

These were fun!
TIP: I used adhesive for vellum so it wouldnt show since you apply the adhesive to the colored side of your image...on a couple of the others I made ..did use regular adhesive, just in small pieces over the darker colored areas...worked fine!

Have a blessed day,

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

This is awesome! I'm gonna try to make some this weekend, I love em!

Anonymous said...

gREAT iDEA, Beautiful work!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Been trying to decide if I wanted to make one,,,since seeing your idea to include with cards, I will be doing. Very pretty one that you made.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Ok... I think we should all get together and make them! Wouldn't that be fun? They are awesome!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so neat! I love this idea!

Lori said...

Just gorgeous, Linda!

Jennie said...

Love this Linda! Beautiful job :o) So whatcha going to order???? What are we going to see soon here on your blog????? lol!

Gina Lindsay said...

What a fantastic idea, it took me forever to start using acrylic, but I am glad I did.

Karli said...

OMGosh this is sooooooo gorgeous! I LOVE it (plus it's purple! :) TFS, I've gotta do this :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I never thought of an acrylic bookmark- what a great idea! I love the flowers you used- so pretty! TFS

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

So beautiful. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing it Linda. As always, yours is so expertly done.

Anne said...

Such a clever idea Linda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails