Wednesday, April 14, 2010

my burned duck!

hi there,
DAG-GONE IT...you know when your card is going great...but it still needs something...and then you start looking at different "things".....well thats what I did and messed up!!! had been trying punched corners, flowers, pearls, buttons....naaaaaaaaah - none of them were working for that upper corner....and I had two things left - but both were stick-ons.....one was a round yellow sun face and the other one......wellllllll.......it's now stuck on the card!!!  wasn't thinkin it was THAT sticky!!! don't like it....but there's no getting it off....
so there ya go....oh well....it is what it is, right!  LOL

loved this image because this is exactly what happens to me if I'm not lotioned up with #53 sunscreen applied two inches thick!!!

this is going into Isabella's challenge. The winner will receive a $6 gift certificate to Isabella's.

colored with Copics, sentiment is from me, stash sky dp, cardstock from SU and a cute litte starfish and an "ugly" sun both from KC & Co.

sure hope to make it to the beach this year and thanks to all for the book suggestions!! going tomorrow (finally) and pick out one....

have a blessed day,

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it, don't know what your talking about with the stick-ons, I think both are fab!!!

and agree, its what happens to me at the beach too hehe, GREAT stuff!!! So fun!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great image Linda!!! Love how you used it on your card too~ I have a folder full of those ..... slightly off embellies hehe can't bring myself to chuck them perhaps we should have a challenge to see who has the worst!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Ha,Ha,Ha.... funny card! Really made me laugh out loud! Seriously it did! Really!

Kerrie said...

OMG, what a fantastic image.... such fun card...

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Terrific job, Linda! I had to laugh too. And I don't think the sun is ugly at all - the color matches perfectly with the towel and sun hat. Did you color them to match the sun? Anyway, I love how you colored the entire scene. Great clouds too!

Anne said...

Linda this is stunning, and the sun matches the towel perfectly for colour, works a treat!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh you give me such a giggle sometimes! :) I think it looks wonderful as always!
I am in the process of just pitching those things I know I will never ever use. or donating them to my library for their scrapping nights. that gives me more room for pretty pink Primas! giggles!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linda,
I like this card. The image is fantastic. I'm not too sure about the sun but I wouldn't say it spoils the card - I think it's fine.
We all have drawers ful of stash we might never use - it's what happens when you keep all your magazine freebies.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

LMAO! This image is great!! Too funny!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think this card is just ducky! This works but I do agree that it is hard to find the perfect sun for a scheme. Gotta love those stashes!

craftieodmae said...

I love the image, I too turn red as a beet, no tan, just red! I don't see any thing wrong with the sun, it's cute so stop beating your self up!!

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Linda, you did a GREAT job on this. And, I like the sun!...and the starfish, and the coloring....and the cloud background.... and the.......

Kathy said...

Ha ha ha, that is so me at the beach. Even with SPF 60 I crisp right up. Love this image and sentiment. Think your sun looks great, too. Fun card, made me giggle.

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

This is too cute Linda! Your write up has me *quacking up* (pun intended!) Your sticky situation turned out great and I wouldn't worry about it, at least you know it ain't gonna fall apart :o)

loretta said...

giggles, what an andorable card!

vicki said...

LOL! Oh, how many times have I done that! LOVE this image! You find the cutest! And great color! Now, if it only had that other.....oh well, nevermind! LOL! Love and blessings to you!

CarlaKH said...

Too cute! Love that lil duck.. and I know all too well about little mishaps when trying to find just the right thing!

Brenda said...

Too cute Linda!!! What a fun image and a fab card you made with it! I think is it prefect.

redwasher1 said...

This just cracks me up!! I think the sun looks fine on your card!! I loved the story too!!

Unknown said...

hehehehe....that was great reading....I'm still laughing. Yep only one month until we are officially certifiable...lol

Ann English said...

This is great!!! What a hoot!

Viv said...

So cute Linda! Love your scorched duck! Is that peking duck?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails