Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bling Weaving!



Calling this one "Bling Weaving" because of the sparkle-ly ribbon.  Hard to get "sparkle"  to show well in a picture, but the ribbon is brown with blue lines and copper with blue lines - woven together! The picture is so dark - I can't seem to take a good photograph of a card with sparkle :(This week's Pot Luck Challenge at Stamp TV was to weave!! haven't done that in a loooooong time! but it was fun :) I switched the direction of the colors in the center of the card and added mini-mini adhesive pearls that are copper colored.

Using the Inspiration Mosaic Stamp, I embossed it with Copper, then stamped in copper the dotted lines from the same stamp set.  Thought it was neat how the dotted lines matched the dotted lines in the ribbon.
The sentiment and top insert are raised on dimension dots

Stamps:  GinaK's - Inspiration Mosaic by Melanie, Thanks a Million and Autumn Stamp Set
Paper: Gina K's Chocolate Kiss, SU's Ballet Blue, Copper and white
Ink: Memento Black, Brilliance Copper, SU's Ballet Blue
Embellishments: mini-mini pearls, stash ribbon (I think from Michael's)
Technique: embossing, matting, weaving

If I get some time for my blog tomorrow, will try to get a better picture!
Thanks for stopping by,

PS just realized that if you pop over to Stamp TV - the picture there is much much better!!! (I'm at work - gotta go !!)

17 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful job Linda! Such intricate detail! Blessings to you!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing Linda! I can see some of the sparkle!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - what an awesome card! I love your weaving :) Maria

craftieodmae said...

The sparkle shows, you did an excellant job with this one!

sarahw said...

This is just gorgeous. It looks like it should be in a frame. :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I can see some sparkle. Your card is gorgeous!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful card Linda! - Email me your address and I will be happy to send you the card with the bow you like!

((Hugs))

Theresa's Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa's Studio said...

Oops....I was trying to edit by signing my name and deleted instead. Let's try again. Love the copper embossing and your ribbon is great. Theresa Pollack. (Not to be confused with the other most talented Theresa)

Lynn McAuley said...

What an amazing design with these beautifully woven ribbons!! An awesome autumn card!! Outstanding work, Linda!

Heidi said...

this is beautiful Linda!

Jennie said...

This is so cool looking Linda! Awesome design :o) Love the ribbon and the way you wove it...I struggled with the CS!

Sara said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love that bling!

TannyP said...

Awesome work - the ribbon weaving is GORGEOUS - even if it's not photographing as well as you'd like....it's amazing!

redwasher1 said...

This totally awesome!! How very cleaver you are! I'm hoping to get to this challenge.

Gina Lindsay said...

WOWZERS! That is a pretty amazing card. I love the weaving and that ribbon is gorgeous, you can tell better if you click on the picture.

purplestamper316 said...

I love this! What a brilliant way to use up tiny scraps of ribbon too :) Just goes to show ya that you should NEVER throw anything away! lol <><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails