Monday, May 17, 2010

Wonderful Weekend - and I am Copic certified!

hi there, what a weekend!
met up with Jennie Harper on Saturday - shoppped til we dropped LOL - then went to lunch and enjoyed "catch up"...so much to talk about and so little time... her "little" LSS is absolutely incredible!!! I did a good amount of "damage" heeeeee heeee heeeee here is a pic of a "few" things I got...and I am working on a wish for July when I go down again! Love that bag - has four separate zipper compartments...now when I travel, I travel with digis so no longer have to wheel my huge tote on wheels that weighs a ton.....

Olga and Carla, how far are you from Greensboro?  here is the store info - this lady has everything!!! She and her husband are so nice!!!
Jennie took a pic of us but it turned out too grainy - oh well, in July we'll get a group pic!!!

That evening was spent with my oldest daughter who drove a few hours and met me in Charlotte - we had such a good time. I dont remember when we've had time alone like that in years!!! Sunday morning we had breakfast together and then I was off to the Copic Certification and she was off to visit a friend that lives outside of Charlotte.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Copic Certification. The leader/teach was /Sally Lynn MacDonald. What an incredible talent and teacher and just full of inspiration! As the days go by, I'll post the tips she gave us....check out this package that was waiting for each of us..

We went through this entire Student Manual - she was really an incredible teacher (quite the enabler too!!! I ended up stopping back at Betty's store on the way home and spending the last of my money!)
but the best part of certification was meeting my cyber blogging buddy Micki Switzer! She and I are both members of the SCS blogging groups - the Divas and the Glitterbees!. Micki had already attended some classes that were available prior to certification....so whenever I was having trouble with a technique (which happened often throughout the day) ...all I had to do was lean over and watch Micki - she had them nailed!!!

She is so sweet! (I think I was about 8 people bigger than her LOL) Good memory!!!!
and finally, here is a pic of Sally...sorry it's so grainy...

It was a seven hour drive home (that took me 8 because I stopped like I said and shopped some more!)
but was just so enjoyable!!!!
Just thanked the Lord all the while for making it possible!!

hope I can put to use what I learned!!
have a great day!

14 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awesome pics GF! Love the loot and really love your hair... beautiful!

Lori said...

Sounds like a blast was had by all! Great pic of you and Micki. Glad you got to meet up with Jennie, your DD, and cyber friend, Micki! Looking forward to what "certification" means. ;]

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow Linda sounds like you had a blast and crammed so much in!!! I know what you mean about Copic Certification you come home with your head buzzing!!! Can't wait to see the results of some of your new purchases!!!!

Cheri said...

Congratulations!!! How thrilling to have accomplished such an awesome goal and then to be able to meet Jennie.....like frosting on a cake. I'm really happy for you, Linda.

Karli said...

Sounds like you had fun, fun, fun & doin' your part to help the economy, right ;) I'm going back & forth about Copics Cert.. we'll see :) Big Hugs & glad you got back safely too :)

Betty Benton said...

Linda, I can just hear the excitment in your words! So glad you had a wonderful time!

The Wired Angel said...

Sounds like a great weekend Linda.. and certainly well-deserved with all of the work you do. Sally Lynn was my instructor too here in KC. Glad you enjoyed it. Hugs, Peggy

craftieodmae said...

depending on traffic, I'm about 2 hours away from Greensboro, not too bad. so glad you had a good time! I'm saving my pennies too for July, can't wait!!! Love the pictures and looks of all the goodies you got!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I guess I am not suppose to say I am jealous, but I am! Horray for such a good time! You deserve every minute of it. You were trapped so many times this winter, that you must enjoy these good months. How wonderful that you got to spend time with Jennie and that you are now certified!

Theresa's Studio said...

Glad to hear about your exciting weekend...seeing Jeannie and your daughter and getting certified must have been so much fun. And love all your loot. Cannot wait to see the results in your coloring and the tips. Cannot believe that your coloring and art can be more beautiful than it is already!

Jennie said...

Great pictures Linda and what a fun assortment of new stuff! That bag is just perfect and love the colors. Looking forward to seeing your new skillz with Copics and so happy you are certified :o)))) Woo-Hooo!!!!
Great seeing you my friend and in about 2 months get to do it again :o)))

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

congratulations on your certification. so exciting. love your work before you were certified now I really look forward to see what you can do!

Brenda said...

Linda is sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so jealous that you and Jennie spent time together and then you go and get certified!!! I am happy for you. Hugs;)

Anne said...

Congratulations and looks like you had fun shopping!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails