Tuesday, June 4, 2013

STV's Center Stage Spotlight Group Hop - Inspiration Challenge

Hi there,
 Welcome to our June STV Center Stage Spotlight Group Hop...if you are hopping you should have come from the awesome blog of sweet team mate Karen Knegten ......

This month we were challenged to use this gorgeous inspiration from Vicki Dutcher ...

I absolutely fell in love with this! 
Many times I receive emails and comments on how much they like what I create but don't have "the time"..trust me...I don't have the time either LOL...so when I saw this from Vicki...whooo hoooo!
I printed it and let it be the main focus on my project below....I had already started this $1.00 notebook some time ago by painting it using acrylic blue paint and stamped a vine with gesso! But it has sat in my "to finish" pile for quite some time... But when I saw this photo, it was perfect for my notebook.
   I added the printed photo, stash lace, GKD organdy ribbon with Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive. Then stamped the bird and sentiment from GKD's Birds and Blossoms by Theresa Momber using Memento Black.  There is also a leaf stamp added from the GKD Stamp Kit "Signs of Autumn" using Memento Danube Blue. Colored the bird...DONE!

so no time! well, this took 20 minutes!!! Let this gorgeous photo inspiration do the work for you (-:


Bird colored with Copics: B23, 29, E04, Y17, YG95 and G09...outlined edges by very lightly sponging with Memento Grape.

Hope you were inspired - this one is an easy one to recreate!

Next stop is our talented teammate (and a grandma again!) Miesje Flach...

hugs,

29 comments:

Miesje said...

You are brilliant! I never thought of using the actual photo! Great project from this old grandma!

stampqueen said...

LOVE IT!!! I love how you used the inspiration photo itself for the background!!

redwasher1 said...

Linda, your artistic talent always shines through!! Beautiful and love it!!

craftieodmae said...

WOWZERS!!!! you rocked this!!!

Carla S. said...

Stunning altered notebook, Linda! Gorgeous colors and a wonderful composition!

joy said...

Oh my, my, my! I love this notebook and how so very clever to print the pattern, it is a perfect companion to GKD bird!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, so glad you finished this. Was worth the wait!

Sharyn Polesel said...

How smart you are! This is gorgeous!

Kay S said...

What a great idea (which I'm going to have to steal!) to use the inspiration piece as part of your creation. Tis is really fabulous!

Melanie said...

Yep, totally a pattern worthy of printing! Make it work! Love your additions!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is beautiful. I love your take on this photo inspiration. You did an amazing job. TFS AJ-

Penny said...

Really clever to use the inspiration photo, Linda! And the beautifully-colored bird looks fantastic against it! Just a fabulous notebook cover--love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your notebook cover is mangificient! Wow! You really rocked it with that inspiration photo and captured the colors perfectly.

Oneofakind said...

I really like the replication of the main inspiration and then collaging (sp) over it. Beautiful notebook.

Cat Tidwell said...

What a wonderful notebook cover you created! Love that little birdie sitting in there!

Karen Hightower said...

Beautiful notebook, Wow, Love it.. :)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!

Carolina said...

Stunning notebook Linda! Love how the inspiration piece inspired you to create this beauty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to use the inspiration -literally! How awesome this turned out - love the added bird!

Unknown said...

Is that not just PERFECT? WOW! Really such a cool thing to make! Well done!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Looks fabulous!! Such great colours and so vibrant :)

Sandy said...

Linda this is gorgeous! Twenty minutes - good gravy it would take me all day!!
sandy

Kitty said...

Gorgeous

Blessings,
Kathleen

Andrea Beecroft said...

Oh Linda your book cover is just so gorgeous I love how you used the picture of the paper in your project wonderful inspreation.

Becky said...

I love this paper! Awesome project.

Betty Neville said...

WOW Linda! This is so awesome! Great take on the challenge!

Cheryl Wright said...

Oh Linda, this is so incredibly beautiful! TFS!

Dru said...

Oh Linda - this is gorgeous! You did a beautiful job of this and I too love what you did with the inspiration photo! Hugs, Dru

Jennie said...

This is so pretty Linda! Beautiful take on the inspiration....so artsy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails