Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge

hey hey hey - It's Sa-tur-dey...love weekends (-:

Welcome to another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow . This week we want you to make vintage, shabby chic or primitive cards using...a fancy fold...

 Well, I decided it was time for me to try the "Tri Shutter Card"...seen so many of you do them and they were gorgeous...but seemed like a lot of work! and guess what! it WAS !!! 
took me almost an hour to get the inside to go right...and then figuring out the measurements for the little pieces..but I GOT IT !!! and its little measurements too LOL...(in my witch of wizard of oz voice)
so be prepared to see me doing a bunch because now I'm hooked...and it really is easy once you do the first one!
 so here is my first Tri Shutter card - sorry for my fingers in the pic but couldnt get it to stay closed enough to get a pic of the front...

designer papers from My Minds Eye and image was from Graphics Fairy ...
center sentiment from Penny Black and Happy Birthday is from GKD - Mountain Wilderness fr Theresa Momber, dry embossed and rest of embellishments = MS punches, prisma pearls, ribbon from stash and Memento Black and Rose Bud ink.

hope you like - looking forward to your vintage, shabby or primitive cards with different folds...need the inspiration!
 We will be choosing one random winner who will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. The Design Team will also select one project as Top Pick and the creator will receive a badge to display and will be in the running for our monthly Guest Designer spot.

hugs and have a beautiful weekend,

entering this in the new Oozaks Challenge  

21 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous tri-fold shutter card, Linda! I have yet to tackle one! I love the papers and design of yours!

Catherine said...

Stunning card, love the shape and that image is beautiful.....

Daniele said...

what a stunner Linda love the dramatic red with that gorgeous image
hugs

Heather said...

Beautiful Tri fold shutter card! I LOVE the Roses...beautiful!
Hugs!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda this is beautiful that image is gorgeous, and the colours along with the card fold is super.
hugs
Lorraine x

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did a beautiful job! Aren't they just fun to make! Gorgeous GF!

Sandy said...

So gorgeous -- it looks really like a piece of art!! Well it is a piece of art and you have done a beautiful job with your tri-fold shutter card. I have not made on - one day!!
Gorgeous!!!
Sandy

KVencel said...

Wonderful job for your first try! The colors are wonderful.

Betty Benton said...

Totally beautiful! Haven't done one of these in a long time.

Mary G. said...

So beautiful, Linda! The colors, the embellishments- all perfect! I haven't tried to make a tri-fold shutter card, yet...it's a little scary! ;)

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Linda! The roses are gorgeous. I love these cards, but have yet to make one, thanks for the reminder, girlfriend.

Theresa's Studio said...

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Worth all the work you did!

mtscrapgal said...

This is not a card. It's a work of art. Shutter cards are challenging but I think they are worth doing for very special people.(Mine was for my daughter) Thanks

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, once you got it you really did it up good, lovely embellishing. I have only done one of these type cards, it is alot of work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- your selection of DSP and colors and all is just gorgeous!!! Alot of work- but so worth it!

Melina said...

Oh wow Linda! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the bling :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I am so happy to be home from Kenny's wedding and I am ready to dive into crafting! Sorry I have missed so much.

Ana Carolina Little said...

WOW Linda, lots of work on that beautiful card!!!. Congrats!!!

Liz Williams said...

Oh my gosh, Linda, this rose card is spectacular!! I think I've only tackled that style of card once. Lots of work, and yours is just beautiful.

Mel said...

Gorgeous card, such pretty papers. Thank you for joining us at Oozak's first challenge :)Gorgeous card, such pretty papers.

Diane said...

Another gorgeous creation....you did a wonderful job with all those folds...beautiful rose, too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails