Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wild at Heart - continuing the quest to make 10 cards with this set

hi there,
well some of you may remember my personal challenge to use the big background stamp in GKD's "Wild at Heart" set by Melanie on 10 cards - not an easy task when I've not worked with a big background stamp for sooo long....anyway, my goal this week while I'm away was to work with stamps that have just been collecting dust AND to continue this challenge. So have been working with this set today and enjoying these colors from the STV Color challenge (red, brown, green, ivory) using all the gorgeous Fall colors.

On the first card, airbrushed my pumpkin dp with E04 to make the pumpkin more brown instead of orange, stamped tree/fence in memento black and colored with Copics - used one half of a previously stamped WAH image (torn in half and used on both cards) and added faux stiching...and the vintage ticket...and ran the tiny ribbon through the lace...if you enlarge it - it doesnt look like there's a piece of vellum over it LOL


This second card looks like the dp on the bottom is black/grey but its SU's Olive dp (long ago retired), added pearls to the flowers and a piece of vintage scrap...sponged the sentiment, added the lace - done!

have two more to finish using blues (-:

I'm short two cards in reaching my goal, so dont be surprised if I CASE some of the beauties created by Melanie and her super talented Guest Designer, Mary Anne- check them out for some real eye candy with this set!!!

have a wonderful weekend!
My daughter and SIL are due to fly home tonight if the weather allows it - there is a tropical storm headed to Belize that we are praying doesnt affect their flight schedule...




and entered in following Fall or Autumn Challenges:

18 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linda,
Two more beautifully crafted cards. these are gorgeous. I lov ethe colours and layouts. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

craftieodmae said...

2 gorgeous cards! Are you home yet?

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Look at you getting all artsy, girlfriend! WTG with the personal goal! Two more, not too shabby! Enjoy spending time with the DD and SIL! My DD arrives Sunday for 5 days! Woo Hoo!

Colleen said...

Linda,
These are very artsy, as Mary Anne said. Very interesting look!

Gina Lindsay said...

Gorgeous cards! I love setting personal challenges for myself too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards - love the images & colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

carol said...

lovely cards, fab colours, thanks for joining our stitching challenge this week, I do hope you will join us next week for our Birthday celebrations. x carol

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at SS!

Leanne said...

Nice Card Linda, thanks for stopping at the 4 Crafty Chicks to play along. I love Fall!

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful cards, Linda! Such lovely colors and great layouts!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Autumn Colors challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Dru said...

These are so unique, creative, and pretty Linda, and the little cowboy on the next post down is just adorable! Hugs, Dru

Julie said...

Very nicely done...thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar this week.

Lindsey said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Lori said...

The first card seems very Victorian to me, with the collage look. Love it! The second is also a collage look and Victorian feel to me, very pretty. Great job on your countdown! I'm just trying to make sure I've used all of the sets I have at least once!!!

HappyCrafter said...

these are both very neat! Love the collage style -- so much to capture the imagination :-)

Tamie said...

Oh Linda I love how you brushed fall colors. It is a beautiful Fall card. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Carolina said...

Very lovely cards.
Thank you for joining Alphabet challenge.

~*Joni said...

What a pretty lineup today! I love the colors of your cards, so beautiful and rich. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails