Monday, August 10, 2009

Shoot for the Moon


I like this card but it didn't turn out quite like I wanted. The background is a stamp from unknown that I versamarked and applied powder pigments - then clear embossed the whole thing. Next, I added the inspiration mosaic stamp (from Melanie at Gina K - see posts below to the stamp's link) with gold ep and tried to use the "splatter" technique with a stiff brush to add "star" effect....hmmmm, not sure that worked! Anyway, I re-embossed again with clear ep. The sentiment background is same background stamp but on white paper (which I dropped when heat embossing, peeled it off my pants, and kept heating...hey, time limit thing LOL) but ended up applying clear ep again anyway. Matted sentiment on gold paper which really doesn't show in picture...then gold ribbon and sparkly blue ribbon...will try this again but probably not doing this background stamp again on black paper. Matted the whole thing on night of navy and elegant eggplant - used white mat to break up all the dark colors...shooting for the moon!!! not sure LOL

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooh this is beautiful!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Linda, it is absolutely gorgeous! Man, that sounds like a ton of work! Hope you were able to salvage your pants!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think it's absolutely amazing Linda!

Donna said...

Looks fantastic Linda, stunning colours. Donna x

craftieodmae said...

well I don't see how it could of turned out any different! It's gorgeous!!!!!

Linda said...

This is really beautiful. I love the way it turned out. The stars are twinkling.

Jennie said...

Beautiful Linda! Love all of the sparkle. Hope you were wearing older pants :o) The sacrifices we make for our hobby :o)))))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails