Thursday, June 24, 2010

STV's Blast from the Past Challenge - Buttons n Bows with a twist!

hi there,
hope you're enjoying the techniques I've been posting each week from the wonderful tutorials done by Gina. I know I'm havin fun (-:
Mary Anne - next week - soot!
(just kidding)

This week - easy peasy! attach a button to a bow BUT there's a twist! the button has to be "unusual", not the normal two or four hole button. Now "unusual" is whatever that means to you...I came across this button with a flower pattern that just fit my card beautifully...  IMHO (-:

Used the GKD Stamp Set "Friends are Forever", colored my flowers with Copics B45, 93, Y21, YG91,  GKD's stitched chocolate ribbon, my button stash and flat lace, Vivid's Coffee Bean, cardstock is GKD's In the Navy and some Basic Grey and Webster's.

if you havent seen Gina's toot on buttons n bows, check it out here - she has some great tips!

Really looking forward to seeing some of the gorgeous buttons you button collectors have in your collection (-:
and how they look on that bow!!
have a wonderful day,

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Linda!!! Your challenges have been awesome!!! I hope to play this week.

Sharon said...

A stunning card Linda! WOW! Just love the bow and button!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linda,
Wow this is a stunner. Beautiful tones and colours and a lovely sentiment. I love this card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

craftieodmae said...

I love it! Yes I will play.I love buttons!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty, very feminine!

Theresa's Studio said...

Very pretty card. Enjoying your challenges but please no soot. Might cause a boycot...LOL!
Love buttons...will have to find a very special one.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful, Linda! I love the unique button and the overall look to your card.

Lori said...

Very pretty!

loretta said...

Just beautiful! I love your blog, I always find such great inspiration!

Come visit my blog, I have candy;
http://www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Dru said...

Beautiful card Linda!

Selma said...

Gorgeous card Linda. I need to get a card made for your challenge.

Wordbird said...

Beeeyutiful!!...I love this challenge too...hope I get a chance to play! ;D Diana Q

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails