Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stamp TV's "Blast from the Past" Challenge - Pattern Embossing

Hi there,
Thanks to everyone who entered last weeks "coloring with OMS"...truly loved seeing the different approaches to coloring. There was so much new inspiration - cant wait to try some of them (-:

I'm enjoying these technique challenges because they give me a chance to try new things! Sometimes I can get in a "mojo rut" and my cards will start looking very similar...but using the different techs can change that (if I remember them KWIM!)

This week's challenge  is Patterned Embossing . It's easy and gives a different look to cards. You can watch Gina's tutorial from HERE!


For my card, I used GKD's Showtime Stamp set "Eclectic Summer" and "Vintage Borders' by Nina Brackett.
Love using the oval nesties, inks are Memento's -Paris Dusk and Tuxedo Black along with Vivid's-Aqua, cardstock is GKD's -In the Navy and White, GKD ribbon and stash flowers. Background dp is from Basic Grey's-Euphoria.

You do not need to use Gina K Designs stamps to participate, although we'd love it if you did! In fact, if you use Gina K Stamps in your entry, then your name will be added to the prize drawing TWICE! Please be sure to create a new project for the challenge versus linking up something you've created before.
You have until next Wednesday, June 22nd, at 8pm CST, to upload your sample. One winner will be drawn at random to win a Gina K stamp set valued at $24.95 or less!

hope you get a chance to play!
have a blessed day,

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Awesome card!!! You picking some good challenges GF! Pick the one where we just sit and eat and I'll win LOL!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

LOL, Olga! Don't listen to her... you are picking good ones! I love this!

P.S. The vine ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon...I joined the monthly club and this was included.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linda,
I love the elegant feel there is to this card. The image is very well done and the colours are great.I must give this a go.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Theresa's Studio said...

Great challenges that you are posting at STV. Hope you are having fun! Love your card.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy awesome! Gorgeous card!

Lori said...

Beautiful! I love that you have used this image with the music borders.

Unknown said...

This is such a gorgeous card!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Cool card Linda! Wow great challenge. I haven't ever tried this technique before so it will be fun. I hope to play along.

Ann English said...

This is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails