Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let it Rain

I'm very happy to be designing this month for Sweet n Sassy Stamps . They have adorable images and I'm partial to their scripture sets. I fell in love with this set Let It Rain for three reasons: the sweet little girl with the umbrella, the scripture verse that I love and this set also has a short stanza of the hymn "There shall be showers of blessing" (which we sing so often in our church and I fully trust and believe)....


for this card, I softly colored the little girl and umbrella with prismacolor pencils and OMS. I was tickled how the CB folder matched the raindrops!

Ink: Memento Black
Paper:  Purple from GinaK, dp from SU
Embellishments: ribbon and pearls from GinaK
Technique: coloring, matting, embossing


This one is colored with Copics and  I paper pieced her umbrella! was in the mood for blue (thinking about blue skies that I hope are here soon).... isn't she enjoying the soft Spring rain....I am so ready for that too!!!  anything but snow!!! LOL

Ink: Memento Black
Paper: all from SU including dp
Embellishments: sateen flowers from GinaK (colored with Copics)
Technique: paper piecing, matting, coloring
Copics used : E00, E31, B12, B14, B93, B97 and Y08

Thoroughly love this set! Could spend my whole time this month creating cards with it!!!...but I won't  *wink....hope you liked these!

Have a blessed day,

17 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous cards- I love the sentiment- I do not know that hymn (I do not think I do....maybe if i heard it sung I would recognize it....). I love the 2nd card- the blue is so pretty! TFS

craftieodmae said...

Linda both of these are gorgeous! She is beautiful!! I too love that sentiment.

Carrie said...

Isn't this sweet. Love the sentiment.

The Other Patti Sue said...

These are just plain beautimus! Love how you stamped your sentiment over the image... so creative! I must hop over and take a look at their stamps! :0)

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful cards Linda and yes I love these stamps too!

Selma said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. I'll have to check out these stamps.

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely cards...and sentiment. We are having a tropical rainstorm this am in FL...could use one of the umbrellas.

The Wired Angel said...

Both are beautiful Linda.. I really like the way the embossing folder matched the rain drops... very creative! Sending hugs, Peggy

Anonymous said...

Linda, these are wonderful! I love them both but the first one caught my eye how the embossing folder really simulates water falling (or rain). I now have that hymn in my mind and am singing it as I type. Well not really as I can't type and sing too.

Congrats for this new DT gig. You are so deserving....can't wait for more. :D

Anonymous said...

Love both of these cards! Makes me think of Lauren!

Joan

Anne said...

Oh, wow, these are so beautiful and there is lots that can be done wih the images, fab!

Lori said...

Super cards! The blue on blue on blue is my favorite, today.

redwasher1 said...

You never fail to amaze me with your talent! Both cards are gorgeous!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry I have been a bit lax on my blog comments, Linda! These are both awesome cards. I am with you.... you and I can play in the puddles together. Anything but snow......

dee marie said...

Hi Linda! Congrats on designing for Sweet n Sassy! Both cards are beauties! Hope all is well!

Annie said...

my goodness, Linda! These are so beautiful! I love how you put sentiments - great job!

Betty Benton said...

Linda, I love your two "shower" cards!! And I know exactly which hymn you're talking about! You are a blessing to me -- always enjoy seeing your cards!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails