Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge

Happy New Year and welcome to our first challenge of 2012 at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week we want you to save some trees and RE-PURPOSE PAPER TOWELS, TOILET PAPER OR COFFEE FILTERS. Instead of buying some designer paper for your project, go to your kitchen or bathroom and grab one of the above items and let's see how you can transform it and incorporate it into your vintage, shabby chic or primitive card or other paper-crafted project

     This week one random winner will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. In addition, the Design Team will choose one project as Card of the Week and the creator will receive a badge and will be in the running for a Guest Designer spot. Our new Design Team is in place and everyone has worked hard to create some inspiration for you. If you want details on how they re-purposed the various items, head over to the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog. and click on their names to go directly to their blogs.

I used some round coffee filters and took some pics of a few of my steps.  Details and supplies used at bottom of post




Using Layers of Color set "Dotted Peonies" by Nina Brackett...

Details:
sponged the leaves and flower images with Ranger's Distress Inks - Aged Mahogany, Mustard Seed, and Worn Lipstick. Took a 4 x 5.25 piece of cranberry cardstock and added stick glue all over it, then laid down the sponged filter and folded the edges over the cardstock. Ran it through the Cuttlbug using the Victoria folder....really enjoying this technique!
cut out the flower and layered it three times and added pearl brad.  Matted it onto scrap light green cardstock.
The base card is cranberry, sponged with white pigment around edges..then stamped with a "crackle" stamp using gold pigment ink.  Ribbons are from stash...

There you go! I like working with these filters MUCH more than with tissue paper!

so my first post as a member of this fabulous Design Team is now done....now I can breath (-:

hugs,

15 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Welcome to Sugar Creek Hollow Linda. Your card is ingenious. I also used the coffee filter idea but I never even thought of stamping on it. This is so creative. I've been by your blog many times but I'm glad I'll be seeing you on a regular basis now. Have a wonderful weekend.
Renee

Betty Benton said...

Congrats on your first post for Sugar Creek Hollow. They started you off with a tough assignment but you're good; you came through with flying colors!!

marsha said...

Linda, your colors just scream - they are so beautiful! Love how you used the coffee filters and also how you showed how you did it. Great job - you are a fabulous addition to the SCH team!
Hugs,
Marsha

Patti P. said...

Morning girl, loving your card, the texture with your bg is just gorgeous. I adore the crackled bg behind the filter as well. So happy to be working with you at SCH and wonderful job on this first challenge. Have a great weekend.
hugs...

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks for the tutorial, girlfriend! This is quite an interesting creation! Best of luck at SCH!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card your coloring is perfect . Thanks for the tip on stamping on coffee filters.
Great challenge this week
Marilyn

Carla S. said...

Congrats, Linda! Your project is gorgeous! Thanks for showing the steps to making it!

Brenda said...

Wow Linda this came out great!! I love all the beautiful colors. Congrats on the new DT spot!! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a colorful piece of art... pure sunshine!

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Linda, thank you so much for posting a pic tutorial! I am going to try this and it helps so much having detailed instructions. Your design reminds me of mulberry paper. Just lovely!!! So glad to have you with us.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful! I always enjoy visuals...! The colors you put together are fabulCongrats on the new DT!ous!

Cec said...

I don't do any rubber stamping but now that I have seen this, I might give it a try. This is fabulous and I am sure everyone will appreciate the photo tutorial.
Hugs!
Cec

The Wired Angel said...

Great tutorial, Linda.. I love your creation. You did a fab job.

I did try this technique, but I wasn't anywhere as successful as you were. I'll give it a another go.

Nice to be on a team with you again!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So pretty and I like the repurposing idea!

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Beautiful cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails