Friday, January 28, 2011

Phri-days are what ??? Phindy's !!!

hi there, you know I'm doin a happy dance - weekend is almost here!!
Wednesday night was tough - you probably heard on the news the incredibly awful traffic gridlock due to ice in the Washington DC area...we live south and woke up to this Thursday morning...I couldnt get out due to the ice and our road wasnt plowed until almost 1pm...power went off for awhile but it came back on...
Here is our backyard - it is pretty when you dont have to get out in it...



so now on to the Phindy Challenge this week - this time its a wonderful sketch from our own DT member, Anne Marije....remember you can use any image to participate but you are entered twice when you use a Phindy...
 Sketch+AM004a
 now after showing you what our weather is like - you can see why I chose this image for the challenge LOL

of course, I wouldnt want the sunburn this guy is getting...well maybe a little (-:


he just looks so comfy - if you like this image its called Mr-Brown-on-Vacation . Hope you get a chance to pop over to Phindy's Place Friday Challenge Blog and check out the rest of this awesome team's projects - and welcome our 3 new members!!
Christine
Dorcas
Kathy

welcome ladies - you all three rock!
long post for me today
hugs


also entered in the following wonderful challenges!
http://aifactorychallenges.blogspot.com/2011/01/for-boys-aif065.html
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-57-delight-in-your-digi.html

18 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linda,
What a fabulous man card. Reminds me of someone I know. Great colours and fabulous image.
Hope your snow doesn't last too long.
Hugs,
Fiona x

craftieodmae said...

Yep, snow is beautiful when ya don't have to get out in it, but most of the time we do! It's snowing here now, I love the card, and ain't he cute!!

Patti P. said...

Great pictures when you get to stay in...but would like to see sunshine and green grass. Glad you made it to Friday and hope your weekend is great. Love your card, especially how you created his sunburn. Tfs

Selma said...

Wouldn't we like to be doing this - relaxing in the sun. This card is a very cute card. Your pictures are beautiful but I am SO ready for Spring and all the flowers. I think it has been a bad winter for all of us.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are so right... I think I would take the sunburn just to get out of the winter! Splashing card GF!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great card! Love all the shiny details and such a fun image! The winter pics look beautiful and I agree it is nice if you don't have to actually get out in it!

Tine said...

Hi Linda. Fab card. You rock yourself!!! LOL. Looking forward to working alongside you at Phindy's.
Tine :)

Dorcas said...

Love the sunburn, Linda! ANd that anchor eyelet is awesome! Nice card. :-)

Tammy said...

LOL...I love the lobster look!! :) I would rather be with Mr. Brown than in all of that snow!! Wonderful card g/f!!

Anne said...

LOL this is brilliant Linda! Love your colouring and all the extra water splashed around!
Hope your snow doesn't stick around too long
Anne
x

Viv said...

Hi Linda! Love your snowy pics, and your card is so cute!!! Love his sunburn...silly man forgot the sunblock! We're cooking in the heat over here, would you like me to send you some to melt the snow? Viv xx

Lindsey said...

What a brilliant card! I love the image and the design. Thanks for joining us at FnF this week x

Anonymous said...

Great card.Such beautiful colouring and the fish hook is a nice touch.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.
Lisa x

Vicki Dutcher said...

BEAUTIFUL seeing it in pictures -- so glad I don't have to live with snow!

Excellent coloring on your image! I love that his legs look sunburned! :)

Anonymous said...

how fun is this! I love your card. Thanks for playing at AIF this week
-Tammy

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a wonderful card! I really what you've made with my sketch...
xxx Anne-Marije

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Linda,

Hope you have dug out by now. I guess I shouldn't tell you that it was 75 degrees and beautifully sunny here in Miami today, I went for a very nice walk this afternoon. But you can rub it in to me next summer when you have beautiful days and I am stuck inside in the A/C when it is 95 degrees and 95% humidity here - L)L!!

I love everything about this card, especially the way you have used the Crystal Effects to make the waves and bubbles. And I love his sunburn.

Stay warm now!

Hugs,
Linda

Crystal said...

fab card & gorgeous coloring! thanks for joining in AiFactory's "For the Boys" challenge! hope to see you again soon! hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails